Best Fitness Classes In LA
Here are a few of my favorite studios that I workout at regularly.
- Speedplay is a revolutionary high-intensity interval training studio. I have been instructing there for almost a year and a half now and I love the workouts because they are methodically created as well as challenging. Speedplay is a mixture of running, rowing, and different functional strength training exercises. They have Speedplay 60 (full body), Strength (more weights, barely any cardio) and Tone (light weight burn, less sweaty). The Beverly Hills location has the best workout view in LA. There is an amazing panoramic view of the city and the evening classes are epic with the sunset views! #datviewdoe
Sweat Garage is High-Intensity Interval Training in a fun, positive, motivating class. The one-hour workouts are a combination of treadmill running, free weights, kettle bells, slam balls, jump ropes, resistance training and functional movements. I have been a part of the SG family for almost five years now. It is one of the hardest workouts I have found in LA. #sweatyfriends
- Air Fit LA is an aerial yoga studio located in West Hollywood. Do not be fooled by the pretty silks, this class is killer. They start with a yoga warm up to get you ready to work it out on the silks. My favorite part is trying to do the pose of the day because I like to believe that I look graceful and elegant, until I look in the mirror. But, I will keep trying to get better and it is an amazing way to work on range of motion. Your upper body and core will be exhausted, your hands will ache, but you will have a blast. Shout out to owner, Lindsey Duggan, for being a fierce gem of an instructor. #AIRtime
- Y7 Yoga Studio is a one hour hot yoga class curated to hip hop music. What sets this class apart from other hot yoga is the format. The teacher will go through the particular flow with you two times and then the third round, they bump the music and you get to flow through it at your own pace. I enjoy this because it allows you to create that muscle memory and then to break free and add on without having to keep up or wait for the teacher to tell you when to move. I feel challenged but never too overwhelmed or intimidated which can happen in some yoga classes. Plus the themed hip hop playlists are my jam. #weflowhard
- Prevail is a 45 minute boxing class that ranges from bag work to the combination of the day to core conditioning. They take you through a boxer/athlete style warmup and then you are broken up into groups to run through stations. These stations are hitting on the bags, ab work, body weight exercises and then punching with the mitts and the trainer (my least favorite part ONLY because I have to be coordinated). The transitions are quick and the exercise are varied so you're never bored. The end of the class is usually weight or core exercises (my favorite part because this is my comfort zone). Shout out to Rob for always being so encouraging and a badass. #alldaybaby
- Pop Physique is a 45 minute barre class. I have never been a fan of barre until I came to Pop Physique. One of the reasons I love it is because I know nothing about it, so I get to just completely relax and enjoy the process.. the tucking, the holding and the pulsing process. Such simple movements can make your muscles burn so much. They use light weights, pilates balls and straps for a full body workout. It flies by every time and it is a great class to add to my fitness routine because it is so different from anything else I do. #popaholic